NEWS FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 23RD...
1. Video Channel Clip of the Week: PGA Television Screening + Q&A: The Divide
2. Have You Checked Out the Latest Member Exclusive Videos?
3. PGA Policies: Logos & Committees
4. Be a Producers Mark Advocate
5. Now You Can Search Fellow Members on the Job Board
6. Producers Guild Forums Are Off the Ground (Now with New Features)
7. Printable Temporary Membership Cards Now Available
8. Job Email Notifications Now Available
9. PGA Members Get Great Discounts for Hotels, Software, Tiffany, Apple Products
10. Welcome New PGA Members (Updated May 28)
11. Industry Discounts
PGA Television Screening + Q&A: The Divide
Watch the Q&A panel for AMC Networks' newest original series, The Divide on WE tv, from our first ever screening of a television premiere. Watch and listen as the producers and stars discuss the development process, the liberties of television versus film, and raising the profile of fresh talent.
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE LATEST MEMBER EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS?
- 3D 101: A Master Class
- The Future of Journalism (Full Panel)
- Adtech: What New Media Producers Need to Know About the Next Generation of Advertising
- Crossover Producing (Full Panel)
- Moviola: From Production to Post
PGA POLICIES: LOGOS & COMMITTEES
We ask our members to please take note of the Producers Guild’s official policy regarding its logo. Please correct any improper personal usage of the PGA logo; if you see the logo being used improperly elsewhere, please refer the relevant individual to this page and (if necessary) PGA staff. We recognize that the vast majority of improper usage arises from an innocent desire to promote the user’s membership in the Guild. Obviously, we wish our members to be proud of their PGA membership and to advertise themselves as members. But the unregulated use of the PGA logo—especially in the digital age—carries risks. As such, in our efforts to maintain and preserve the integrity of the PGA brand, the Guild expects its members to adhere to the following policy:
• Although we strongly encourage and approve members’ indicating their PGA membership within the body of their resumes, the PGA logo may not be used or inscribed on member resumes.
• The PGA logo may not be included on members’ business cards, except insofar as such cards are provided to the member by the PGA office for Guild-specific business purposes.
• Members may not append the PGA logo to personal correspondence, particularly email correspondence. The Guild recognizes one exception to this policy: Officers serving on the National Board of Directors (PGA President, Council and Regional Vice Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary of Record) are permitted to utilize the PGA logo on correspondence.
• The use of the PGA logo on Guild-related promotional materials is permitted, but only when so authorized by a director-level member of the PGA staff. Director of Member Benefits Kyle Katz should be the primary point of approval for such usage.
This message and policy is also posted on the Producers Guild website under Member Resources.
Furthermore, a brief message regarding Producers Guild Committees: The designation of "Committee” is applied and approved only by the Guild’s National Board of Directors. A group of members (either formal or informal) that has not received this official Board approval may not call itself a PGA Committee. For an official list of all Board-approved Committees, please refer to this page. If you are a member or Chair of a "Committee” not on this list, please consult with Supervisor of Communications Chris Green to help determine a proper designation or title for your group.
BE A PRODUCERS MARK ADVOCATE
PGA Members, help advocate the Producers Mark! Use the Twitter hashtags #producersmark and #pga and follow us @ProducersGuild.
Learn more about the Producers Mark at ProducersMark.com and http://www.producersguild.org/blogpost/923036/164597/The-Producers-Mark--What-it-means-where-it-comes-from-and-how-you-can-get-it.
NOW YOU CAN SEARCH FELLOW MEMBERS ON THE JOB BOARD!
After logging in, you can now click the "Find Members" navigation button to browse, search, and even message fellow members.
You can even filter by things like Job Expertise and Location Experience; by the same criteria that you can indicate on your own Employer Search Preferences page.
Stay tuned as we stay committed to improving the Job Board.
PRODUCERS GUILD FORUMS ARE OFF THE GROUND
March 2014 Update: The forums have been enhanced with a number of new features, including a quick search box, a quick reply button, a drag-and-drop file uploader, and a new pull-down menu of actions at the top of each thread.
You can find forums for both the general public and members only at http://www.producersguild.org/forums/.
We encourage you to participate in the forums to help them grow and to increase the sharing of knowledge and ideas among members.
At the forums you can discuss industry, career, and guild topics… and we can expand the forums and topics as appropriate by request.
Thank you to Stephen Marinaccio for being our first moderator. If you are interested in moderating a specific forum or topic please e-mail email@example.com to indicate your specific interest.
PRINTABLE TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP CARDS NOW AVAILABLE!
If your membership card is expired, lost, or missing and your new card/renewal sticker has yet to arrive, you can now print out a temporary card.
To print your card, sign in to your online account on the PGA site. Then go to this link - https://producersguild.site-ym.com/members/MembershipCard.aspx - and click the Print button.
The temporary card includes your name, ID number, 'valid through' date, and profile headshot (if you've uploaded one).
This printable membership card is only intended for short-term use as needed until your replacement card/renewal sticker arrives as part of the next monthly mailing.
JOB EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE!
The Producers Guild has heard your requests and is happy to announce the inclusion of Job-Seeker Email Notifications for the new Job Board.
Under the "Your Info & Availability" section there is a new page titled "Notification Preferences" where you can select the appropriate Job Categories and Job Titles.
For any new job board listing that contains any Job Category OR Job Title you select, you will be sent an email notification of the posting. Email notifications will be sent out Monday through Friday at 5:00pm PT.
To report any difficulties or bugs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGA MEMBERS GET GREAT DISCOUNTS!
Did you know that PGA members are offered discounts at a variety of businesses including hotels across the United States, a host of stores including Tiffany & Co. and much more?
To find out more see the entire listing below under "Industry Invites and Discounts" or log in to the PGA website. Under "Member Central" in the top navigation, click on "Benefits". At the top of the Benefits page, select "Discounts & Special Offers” from the "More in this Section” drop-down menu.
Or just click here!
WELCOME NEW PGA MEMBERS (UPDATED MAY 28!)
View a fully updated for May list of the Guild's newest members. If you recognize any of these names, we urge you to do the right thing: Welcome them to the PGA.
INDUSTRY INVITES AND DISCOUNTS
ZIPCAR: PGA MEMBERS RECEIVE 15% OFF DRIVING RATES & $35 OFF THE ANNUAL FEE!
Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing company with cars parked right in your city, is offering membership to all PGA members for just $25/year (normally $60) as well as discounted driving rates (15% off)!
Rates include gas and insurance and with low overnight rates available. The Zipcar fleet has over 20 makes and models from Pick-up Trucks to help you move to MINI Coopers to get you to the beach.
Zipcar is like owning a car without any of the hassles and you can use Zipcars in any other city they are in (San Francisco, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, Boston, Baltimore DC, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and London) Plus we are located at 200+ Universities.
Already a Zipcar member? Want to take advantage of the discount?
No worries, we can switch your account over. To do this please contact members service at 866-494-7227 and asked to be added to the Producers Guild account.
Not a member? Add yourself to the account here: www.zipcar.com/pg.