NEWS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 25TH...
1. Video Channel Clip of the Week: PGA Nominees Breakfast!
2. Changes Have Been Made to the PGA Membership Requirements
3. PGA Policies: Logos & Committees
4. Be a Producers Mark Advocate
5. Now You Can Search Fellow Members on the Job Board
6. Printable Temporary Membership Cards Available
7. Job Email Notifications Available
8. PGA Members Get Great Discounts for Hotels, Software, Tiffany, Apple Products
9. Welcome New PGA Members (UPDATED FEBRUARY 11!)
10. Industry Discounts
PRODUCERS GUILD VIDEO OF THE WEEK: PGA NOMINEES BREAKFAST
Oscar winners Clint Eastwood and Alejandro González Iñárritu and Oscar nominee Richard Linklater discuss casting and relationships at the PGA Nominees Breakfast.
CHANGES TO THE PGA MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
After extensive review of the PGA membership requirements, the Membership Committee, Constitutional Committee, and National Board of Directors, have implemented changes which impact all three councils. The list below is a summary of those changes and new criteria. If you plan on serving as a PGA sponsor in order to recommend a co-worker or colleague for membership we strongly encourage you to read through the new requirements.
• Time: Qualifying work is limited to projects broadcast/distributed within the last 5 years for television and new media; 7 years for feature films.
• Feature Films: Clarified/added to qualifying digital platforms and film festivals; festival qualifications now apply to all recognized credits, not just Producers Council.
• Short Films: The Guild now recognizes short films with qualifying releases for membership; review requirements page for specifics.
• Long Form/Episodic Television: Clarification on streaming subscriber services (Netflix, Hulu, etc) as a broadcast equivalent.
• Non-Episodic Television: Change language from 26 air weeks to 100 aired episodes.
• New Media: Significant changes made to criteria for broadband producers; review requirements page for specifics.
• Branded Content: While the Guild still doesn’t accept commercial credits, we will now consider branded content credits provided that they involve storytelling or have a strong narrative through-line and are not long-form ads.
• Minimum Payment Option: The MPO is no longer an option available for new applicants; 100% of applicable fees are now due at the time of application.
PGA POLICIES: LOGOS & COMMITTEES
We ask our members to please take note of the Producers Guild’s official policy regarding its logo. Please correct any improper personal usage of the PGA logo; if you see the logo being used improperly elsewhere, please refer the relevant individual to this page and (if necessary) PGA staff. We recognize that the vast majority of improper usage arises from an innocent desire to promote the user’s membership in the Guild. Obviously, we wish our members to be proud of their PGA membership and to advertise themselves as members. But the unregulated use of the PGA logo—especially in the digital age—carries risks. As such, in our efforts to maintain and preserve the integrity of the PGA brand, the Guild expects its members to adhere to the following policy:
• Although we strongly encourage and approve members’ indicating their PGA membership within the body of their resumes, the PGA logo may not be used or inscribed on member resumes.
• The PGA logo may not be included on members’ business cards, except insofar as such cards are provided to the member by the PGA office for Guild-specific business purposes.
• Members may not append the PGA logo to personal correspondence, particularly email correspondence. The Guild recognizes one exception to this policy: Officers serving on the National Board of Directors (PGA President, Council and Regional Vice Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary of Record) are permitted to utilize the PGA logo on correspondence.
• The use of the PGA logo on Guild-related promotional materials is permitted, but only when so authorized by a director-level member of the PGA staff. Director of Member Benefits Kyle Katz should be the primary point of approval for such usage.
This message and policy is also posted on the Producers Guild website under Member Resources.
Furthermore, a brief message regarding Producers Guild Committees: The designation of "Committee” is applied and approved only by the Guild’s National Board of Directors. A group of members (either formal or informal) that has not received this official Board approval may not call itself a PGA Committee. For an official list of all Board-approved Committees, please refer to this page. If you are a member or Chair of a "Committee” not on this list, please consult with Supervisor of Communications Chris Green to help determine a proper designation or title for your group.
BE A PRODUCERS MARK ADVOCATE
PGA Members, help advocate the Producers Mark! Use the Twitter hashtags #producersmark and #pga and follow us @ProducersGuild.
Learn more about the Producers Mark at ProducersMark.com and this blog post.
YOU CAN SEARCH FELLOW MEMBERS ON THE JOB BOARD!
After logging in, you can now click the "Find Members" navigation button to browse, search, and even message fellow members.
You can even filter by things like Job Expertise and Location Experience; by the same criteria that you can indicate on your own Employer Search Preferences page.
Stay tuned as we stay committed to improving the Job Board.
PRINTABLE TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP CARDS AVAILABLE!
If your membership card is expired, lost, or missing and your new card/renewal sticker has yet to arrive, you can now print out a temporary card.
To print your card, sign in to your online account on the PGA site. Then go to this link - https://producersguild.site-ym.com/members/MembershipCard.aspx - and click the Print button.
The temporary card includes your name, ID number, 'valid through' date, and profile headshot (if you've uploaded one).
This printable membership card is only intended for short-term use as needed until your replacement card/renewal sticker arrives as part of the next monthly mailing.
JOB EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AVAILABLE!
The Producers Guild has heard your requests and is happy to announce the inclusion of Job-Seeker Email Notifications for the new Job Board.
Under the "Your Info & Availability" section there is a new page titled "Notification Preferences" where you can select the appropriate Job Categories and Job Titles.
For any new job board listing that contains any Job Category OR Job Title you select, you will be sent an email notification of the posting. Email notifications will be sent out Monday through Friday at 5:00pm PT.
To report any difficulties or bugs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGA MEMBERS GET GREAT DISCOUNTS!
Did you know that PGA members are offered discounts at a variety of businesses including hotels across the United States, a host of stores including Tiffany & Co. and much more?
To find out more see the entire listing below under "Industry Invites and Discounts" or log in to the PGA website. Under "Member Central" in the top navigation, click on "Benefits". At the top of the Benefits page, select "Discounts & Special Offers” from the "More in this Section” drop-down menu.
Or just click here!
WELCOME NEW PGA MEMBERS (UPDATED FEBRUARY 11!)
View a fully updated for February list of the Guild's newest members. If you recognize any of these names, we urge you to do the right thing: Welcome them to the PGA.
INDUSTRY INVITES AND DISCOUNTS
PASSION ROSES OFFERING DISCOUNT TO PGA MEMBERS
Passion Roses is offering PGA members a 15% discount on future rose orders. Passion Roses has been very generous with the Producers Guild by donating their beautiful rose centerpieces for the PGA Awards and the Oscar Viewing Recruitment Party. Just input the discount code HEARTROSE when placing your order at PassionRoses.com.
ZIPCAR: PGA MEMBERS RECEIVE 15% OFF DRIVING RATES & $35 OFF THE ANNUAL FEE!
Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing company with cars parked right in your city, is offering membership to all PGA members for just $25/year (normally $60) as well as discounted driving rates (15% off)!
Rates include gas and insurance and with low overnight rates available. The Zipcar fleet has over 20 makes and models from Pick-up Trucks to help you move to MINI Coopers to get you to the beach.
Zipcar is like owning a car without any of the hassles and you can use Zipcars in any other city they are in (San Francisco, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, Boston, Baltimore DC, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and London) Plus we are located at 200+ Universities.
Already a Zipcar member? Want to take advantage of the discount?
No worries, we can switch your account over. To do this please contact members service at 866-494-7227 and asked to be added to the Producers Guild account.
Not a member? Add yourself to the account here: www.zipcar.com/pg.