PGA SEMINAR COMMITTEE PRESENTS:
CROWDFUNDING FOR PRODUCTIONS:PRESENTATION ON CROWDFUNDING STRATEGIES:
Stakeholders (not Shareholders)
To Generate Money, Buzz, and Zealous Fans.
• Adam Chapnick, Principal/Evangelist - Indiegogo.com (and CEO of Indiegogo's subsidiary Distribber.com)
CASE STUDIES - Producers who've used Crowdfunding successfully:
• Matthew Barrett of "TOTAL FRAT MOVIE" on Indiegogo. - http://igg.me/p/311903
• Sean Hanish & Paul Jaconi-Biery of "RETURN TO ZERO" on Kickstarter. - http://kck.st/XxTGe
• Emerson Collins of "SOUTHERN BAPTIST SISSIES" on Indiegogo. - http://igg.me/p/250717
• Michael Palmieri of "DTLA" on Kickstarter. - http://kck.st/z7S0Ht
• Jay Bushman of "THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES" on Kickstarter. - http://kck.st/14hIf3j
• Sean Keegan of "ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD: THE MOVIE" on Indiegogo. - http://igg.me/p/43571
The morning will begin with a
presentation on "best practices" from Indiegogo based on research
they have been collecting for years and from many thousands of campaigns.
- How does crowdfunding work?
- If contributors are not shareholders, what do they expect?
- What are the benefits of crowdfunding beyond raising funds?
- Producers' User Experience vs. Funders' User Experience
- What are the most effective strategies?
- What does the data say?
- What are the traps & pitfalls?
- Compare home runs vs. realistic expectations.
- What are the differences between Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and the rest?
This seminar will include several
dedicated sessions for case studies with producers from Kickstarter and
Indiegogo campaigns. We will explore their real world experience starting from
scratch and following through to final delivery of their respective projects.
This event is produced by Dan
Abrams and Derek Hildebrandt.
Dan is the moderator for all
of the panels except for two case studies which Derek will moderate.
Date:Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
A light continental breakfast will be served at 9:00am.
Please note we will start promptly at 9:30am and finish by 12:30pm.
CBS STUDIO CENTER
4024 Radford Avenue
Multi-Purpose Room 3
Studio City, CA 91604
You must have a valid photo identification to gain access to the lot and your
name must be on the RSVP list. The CBS Radford guard at the gate will check
your ID against the list and provide the exact building/location and direct you
to the parking structure.
PGA Members - Free
Non-Members - $50
Students - $20 with a valid ID
Payment can be made at the door with check, cash, or credit card.