ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR THE
PGA EAST BOARD OF REPRESENTATIVES?
The continued growth and success of our Guild depends upon your support and commitment, and that of all our members. The PGA East will hold elections this spring for our Board of Representatives. This is a separate election from the PGA National election. PGA East members in good standing (meaning their dues are current) can run for office in either or both elections.
Over the next four weeks, the PGA East Nominating Committee will be meeting to discuss possible nominees to run for the PGA East positions of:
• VICE-CHAIR (2 positions)
• FINANCIAL OFFICER
• MEMBER-AT-LARGE (8 positions)
These positions are two-year terms and are limited to two consecutive terms. The PGA East Board of Representatives is comprised of the above positions plus the Chair Emeritus.
What is the PGA East Board of Representatives?
1) The Board of Representatives is the governing body of PGA East, and is composed of twelve elected, voting representatives residing in the PGA East region, plus one ex officio, non-voting seat (the Chair Emeritus).
2) Members of the Board of Representatives work to further the goals, ideals, and vitality of the PGA East. Representing the interests of the organization’s diverse membership, they make policies, maintain operations (including supervising the office), and oversee expenses.
3) Members of the Board of Representatives discuss and advise the Chair on important matters to bring to the National Board.
4) Members of the Board of Representatives are expected to participate in PGA East meetings, events, initiatives, duties, and planning throughout their term. This includes participating in all Board of Representatives meetings and projects, and attending the annual General Membership Meeting in June.
5) The representatives are expected to be responsive to the PGA East membership, and make themselves available to member feedback and suggestions. They should engage with other organizations, guilds, leaders, and sponsors within the industry.
6) Members of the Board of Representatives are expected to support the Produced By: New York conference, especially in the areas of new sponsorship, promotion, programming, and attendance.
7) The Board of Representatives meets with the PGA East Advisory Group at least twice a year. The Advisory Group is comprised of all PGA East committee and chapter chairs, PGA East elected national delegates, and regional observers. The role of the Advisory Group is to work with the Board of Representatives by providing input and coordinating PGA East activities.
Description of the PGA East Board of Representatives positions:
The PGA East Chair presides over the Board of Representatives and leads efforts, projects, and organizational activities in the region. The Chair represents the PGA East in all functions, invited appearances, meetings, recruitment events, correspondence, and cooperative activities unless s/he designates a substitute. The Chair may initiate or terminate organization efforts, projects, or committees with the support and consent of the Board of Representatives when appropriate.
Additionally, the Chair holds the seat of “Vice President, PGA East” – an officer of the PGA National Board of Directors – and attends quarterly National Board of Directors meetings in Los Angeles in person or via teleconferencing. S/He is also a member of the national Finance Committee, works closely with NBOD officers and staff on shaping policy, and is expected to be a champion and leader of the Produced By: New York conference.
The PGA East Vice Chairs assist the Chair in official business and may represent the organization in place of the Chair if required. The Vice Chairs help galvanize the Board of Representatives and Advisory Group, work closely with PGA staff, and help to generate and pursue sponsorship and partnership leads.
The PGA East Financial Officer is responsible for oversight of the PGA East operating budget. The Financial Officer monitors the regional office’s expenses, works closely with the “Director, PGA East” to prepare the annual PGA East budget, and presents the budget request at the annual national Finance Committee meeting in LA.
PGA East Members-at-Large represent their peers and colleagues within the Guild and should make themselves available for member feedback and suggestions. Members-at-Large participate in Board of Representatives voting and in setting goals and priorities for the region. Members-at-Large may pursue special projects or responsibilities as defined by the Chair or the Board of Representatives, and are expected to support Produced By: New York conference, especially in the areas of new sponsorship, promotion, programming, and attendance. One Member-at-Large position is designated for a National Capital Chapter representative.
The Chair Emeritus is ex officio, and does not have a vote.
If you are interested in running for any seat…
If you are interested in running for any seat, email Mitzie Rothzeid, Director, PGA East at email@example.com by Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 5:00pm Eastern with your resume/bio and a letter indicating the seat you are interested in and why you would be a worthy candidate.
Mitzie will give your information to the PGA East Nominating Committee. The Committee will make best efforts to interview all members who express interest in running. The Committee will then select one or more nominees per seat. Please note that the Nominating Committee is not obligated to select everyone who expresses interest. If the Committee does not select you, you are still welcome to nominate yourself through the petition process, which will be covered in a later email.
The PGA East 2016 Nominating Committee is Irene Burns, Shirley Escott, John Hadity, Sean Johnson, James Percelay, Maureen Ryan, Peter Saraf, Jamie Schutz and Mari Jo Winkler.