2/9/2012 to 2/20/2012
« Go to Upcoming Event List
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR PGA EAST EXECUTIVE OFFICE?
The continued growth and success of our Guild depends upon the support and commitment of all our members. The Producers Guild of America East will be having elections this spring for our Executive Committee. This is a separate election from the PGA National election; PGA East members in active status can run for office in both elections.
Over the next five weeks, the PGA East Nominating Committee will be meeting to discuss possible nominees to run for the positions of PGA East CHAIR, VICE CHAIRS, FINANCIAL OFFICER and MEMBERS-AT-LARGE. These positions on the PGA East Executive Board have two-year terms and are limited to two consecutive terms. The Executive Committee is comprised of the PGA East Chair, two Vice Chairs, seven Members-At-Large, the PGA East Financial Officer and the Chair Emeritus.
The PGA East Executive Committee
1) The Executive Committee is the governing body of PGA East and is composed of eleven (11) elected and voting officers residing in the PGA East region, plus one ex officio, non-voting office (Chair Emeritus). All Elected Officials must be PGA members in good standing. Only the Elected Officials shall vote in matters of governance of the PGA East.
2) The Executive Committee makes policy for the PGA East under the Constitution and By-Laws of the Guild, maintains and effects the day-to-day operations of the PGA East including supervising the office and office employees, interns and volunteers, oversees expenses, and approves the budget submitted annually to the Guild.
3) All members of the Executive Committee are expected to participate in PGA East initiatives, duties, and planning throughout their term. Members are also expected to attend the Annual Meeting and participate in all Executive Committee meetings and projects.
4) Members of the Executive Committee work to further the goals, ideals, and vitality of the PGA East. They also represent the interests of the organization’s diverse membership.
5) The Executive Committee meets with the PGA East Advisory Board at least four times a year. Chairs and Co-Chairs of each standing committee constitute the Advisory Board, in addition to the immediate past PGA East Chair and Vice Chairs and the nationally elected officials who are members of the PGA East. The role of the Advisory Board is to work with the Executive Committee by providing advice and coordinating activities of the PGA East.
Description of the PGA East Executive Committee Positions:
The PGA East Chair presides over the Executive Committee and leads efforts and projects as defined by the By-Lawss and Constitution as well as any current organizational activities. The Chair represents the organization in all functions, invited appearances, meetings, recruitment events, correspondence, and cooperative activities unless s/he designates a substitute. The Chair, along with the Financial Officer, has signing power on official/legal documents as well as bank accounts, and can authorize all spending within the parameters set forth by the By-Lawss and Constitution. The Chair may initiate or terminate organization efforts, projects, or committees with the support and consent of the Executive Committee when appropriate. The Chair chairs the Annual Meeting.
Vice Chair (2):
The PGA East Vice Chairs assist the Chair in official business and may represent the organization in place of the Chair if needed.
The PGA East Financial Officer is responsible for financial bookkeeping and works closely with the PGA East bookkeeper. The Financial Officer prepares the annual PGA East budget and presents and supports budget requests at the annual meeting of the Financial Committee in L.A.
The Executive Committee recently raised the number of Member-at-Large positions to seven from the previous five. One of the seven seats will be reserved for a National Capital Chapter representative. PGA East Members-at-Large represent their member constituency and should make themselves available for member feedback and suggestions. Members-at-Large participate in Executive Committee voting and in setting goals and priorities for the organization. Members-at-Large may acquire special projects or responsibilities as defined by the Chair or the Executive Committee.
The office of Chair Emeritus is ex officio and not elected. The Chair Emeritus assists in setting goals and priorities for the organization. The Chair Emeritus does not vote on the Executive Committee. The office of Chair Emeritus is assumed by individuals immediately following their term as PGA East Chair.
If you are Interested in Running for any of these Offices…
Please email Mitzie Rothzeid, Director, PGA East at mrothzeid[at]producersguild.org before February 20, 2012, with your name, resume/bio, and a letter indicating why you would be a worthy candidate.
Mitzie will provide your information to the PGA East Nominating Committee. The Committee will make best efforts to interview all members that express interest in running. The Committee will then, according to the By-Laws, select one or more nominees per office. Please note that the Nominating Committee is not obligated to select everyone who expresses interest. If the Committee does not select you, you are still welcome to nominate yourself through the petition process, which will be covered in a later email.
You can find the PGA Constitution here:
The PGA East 2012 Nominating Committee includes the following members: