The Producers Guild of America Brings The Produced By Conference to New York
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
The Producers Guild of America BRINGS THE PRODUCED BY CONFERENCE TO NEW YORK
Produced By: New York TO TAKE PLACE AT THE TIME WARNER CENTER on October 25, 2014
Bob Weinstein, Bruce Cohen, Donna Gigliotti, Gary Lucchesi, Harvey Weinstein, James Schamus, Jenni Konner, Lori McCreary, Lydia Dean Pilcher, Mark Gordon, Morgan Spurlock, Peter Saraf, Terence Winter, among speakers for the inaugural Produced By: New York
LOS ANGELES (August 19, 2014) – Following the highly successful Produced By conference in Los Angeles, the Producers Guild of America (PGA) will hold the inaugural Produced By: New York (PBNY) conference on October 25, 2014 at the Time Warner Center in NYC. Confirmed speakers for PBNY include:
- Barbara Hall (“Madam Secretary,” “Homeland,” “Joan of Arcadia”)
- Bob Weinstein, Co-Chairman, The Weinstein Company & Dimension Films (SCREAM franchise, SCARY MOVIE franchise, SIN CITY and PULP FICTION)
- Bruce Cohen (SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, MILK, AMERICAN BEAUTY)
- Colin Carrier, Chief Strategy officer, Twitch.tv
- Donna Gigliotti (SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, THE READER, SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE)
- Gary Lucchesi, President of the Producers Guild, President of Lakeshore Entertainment (LINCOLN LAWYER, MILLION DOLLAR BABY, UNDERWORLD)
- Harvey Weinstein, Co-Chairman, The Weinstein Company (SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE, THE KING’S SPEECH, THE ARTIST)
- James Schamus (BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, HULK, CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON)
- Jenni Konner (“Girls”)
- Keith Arem, President, PCB Productions
- Lori McCreary, CEO of Revelations Entertainment, President of the Producers Guild (INVICTUS, “Madam Secretary,” “Through The Wormhole”)
- Lydia Dean Pilcher, President, Cine Mosaic (CUTIE AND THE BOXER, THE LUNCHBOX)
- Mark Gordon (“Ray Donovan,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Criminal Minds,” SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, SPEED)
- Morgan Spurlock (SUPER SIZE ME, THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER SOLD, WHERE IN THE WORLD IS OSAMA BIN LADEN)
- Peter Saraf, Co-Founder, Big Beach Productions (LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE, KINGS OF SUMMER)
- Stephen Totilo, Editor-in-Chief, Kotaku
- Terence Winter (THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Sopranos”)
- Tom Fontana, (“Borgia,” “St. Elsewhere,” “Oz,” YOU DON’T KNOW JACK)
Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks. Produced By: New York is hosted by HBO and Time Warner Inc. and will take place the Time Warner Center.
Lori McCreary and Gary Lucchesi, Presidents of the PGA said, “The Produced By conference has proven to be an industry-defining event which offers unparalleled networking opportunities, as well as a wide array of educational seminars, and professional resources. We are thrilled to expand Produced By to New York City after six successful years in Los Angeles.”
Cynthia López, Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment in New York City said, “New York City is home to a vibrant creative community who lend their talents to the hundreds of films and television series produced here each year. It is a pleasure to welcome Produced By to New York City for the first time, and we look forward to the thoughtful and insightful conversations about the production industry that will emerge from the conference.”
Peter Saraf, Vice President of PGA East said, “Produced By: New York will be an event of discovery, learning and creative inspiration that is built by producers, for producers. We could not be more excited to merge the energy of Produced By with the vitality of the New York producing community.”
Produced By: New York will feature 12 full conference sessions. Additionally, the event will provide intimate mentoring roundtable opportunities where influential producers and creative leaders in the entertainment and media community will gather in small-group settings to share perspectives on the challenges of producing film, television and new media in the 21st century.
Since its 2009 inaugural event, the Produced By conference in Los Angeles has quickly become one of the most anticipated entertainment forums in the industry. Produced By consistently attracts the most influential storytellers working today, including such notables as Francis Ford Coppola, J.J. Abrams, Shonda Rhimes, Kathleen Kennedy, Clint Eastwood, Gale Anne Hurd, Norman Lear, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan, Todd Phillips, David Fincher, Jane Rosenthal, Lee Daniels, Kevin Feige and many others.
Produced By: New York is chaired by PGA members Blaine Graboyes, Dana Kuznetzkoff, Benjamin Lehmann, and Bruce Cohen. Victoria Ashley serves as Programming Director with Robin Kramer serving as the conference’s Supervising Producer. Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global) continues in her role as Sponsorship Director.
In addition to HBO and Time Warner Inc., sponsors to date include: Production Resource Group (PRG), Entertainment Partners, Corbis Entertainment, CreativeFuture, Minnesota Film and TV, Honolulu Film Office, Florida Office of Film & Entertainment and New York Film Academy.
*Media Credentials: All media interested in covering the 2014 Produced By: New York will need to submit a Press Credential Application. Please email Sweety Ghuman at Sweety.Ghuman@42West.Net to receive an application. While credentials are not guaranteed due to space limitations, PBNY will do its best to grant them to as many outlets as possible.
To review highlights from previous Conferences and receive news and programming updates for the Produced By conference, please visit http://www.producedbyconference.com/
About the Produced By Conference
Reaching across film, television and new media, the Produced By conference is an educational forum conducted by acclaimed producers, including numerous Oscar and Emmy Award winners, as well as the next generation of creative entrepreneurs. Produced By is held through the Producers Guild of America’s charitable entity, the PGA Foundation, as it epitomizes the Foundation’s core mission to educate those who work in the producing profession. Follow Produced By on Facebook and Twitter at www.facebook.com/producedbyconference and www.twitter.com/Produced_By or #ProducedBy.
About the Producers Guild of America (PGA)
The Producers Guild of America is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The Producers Guild has over 6,500 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with employment opportunities, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. Visit www.producersguild.org, www.pgagreen.org, www.pgadiversity.org for more information.