Jake Gyllenhaal Announced As Featured Speaker for Produced By: NY
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
INAUGURAL PRODUCED BY: NEW YORK ANNOUNCES
JAKE GYLLENHAAL AS FEATURED SPEAKER
SEVERAL TOPPRODUCERSANNOUNCED FOR MENTORING ROUNDTABLES
Other newly added speakers and mentors include: Jeremy Chilnick, Donna Gigliotti, William Horberg, Jenni Konner, Cookie Monster, Lauren Zalaznick, among others
LOS ANGELES (October 14, 2014)– The Producers Guild of America (PGA) is pleased to announce thatOscar nomineeJake Gyllenhaal, producer and lead cast member of the forthcoming featureNightcrawler, has been added as a featured speaker at the inaugural Produced By: New York (PBNY) conference, taking placeSaturday, October 25, 2014at the Time Warner Center in NYC. PGA President Emeritus Hawk Koch (Source Code, Primal Fear) will lead the candid, one-on-one discussion. In addition, several top producers have been named to serve as mentors during the small-group Mentoring Roundtables at Produced By: New York.
Confirmed mentors include:
- Keith Arem(Call of Duty; Titanfall;CEO/President, PCB Productions)
- Jeremy Chilnick(One Direction: This Is Us; CNN'sMorgan Spurlock Inside Man,7 Deadly Sins)
- Bruce Cohen(Silver Linings Playbook, Milk, American Beauty)
- Donna Gigliotti (Silver Linings Playbook; The Reader; Shakespeare In Love)
- Mark Gordon(Saving Private Ryan; Grey’s Anatomy; Ray Donovan; President Emeritus, Producers Guild of America)
- Barbara Hall(Madam Secretary; Homeland; Joan of Arcadia)
- Marc Juris(President & General Manager, WE tv)
- Jenni Konner(Girls; Help Me Help You; Undeclared)
- Gary Lucchesi(Primal Fear; Million Dollar Baby; Lincoln Lawyer; President, Producers Guild of America)
- Lydia Dean Pilcher(Cutie and the Boxer; The Lunchbox; The Darjeeling Limited; Vice President: Motion Pictures, Producers Guild of America)
In addition to Mr. Gyllenhaal and previously announced speakers such as Harvey Weinstein, James Schamus, Donna Gigliotti,Mark Gordon, Gary Lucchesi, Lori McCreary, Peter Saraf, Morgan Spurlock and Terence Winter, among many others, newly added speakers include:
- Greg Alkalay(CEO and Co-Founder, batteryPOP)
- Vicki Cherkas(Wish I Was Here; A Prairie Home Companion; Business, Legal Affairs and Financial Consultant)
- John Genz(Partner-in-Charge, Film Production Incentives Practice)
- John Hadity(The Call; Broken Horses; EVP, EP Financial Solutions; Chair Emeritus, Producers Guild of America East)
- William Horberg(The Talented Mr. Ripley; The Kite Runner; Disconnect)
- Marc Juris(President & General Manager, WE tv)
- David McKillop(Duck Dynasty; Pawn Stars; General Manager & Executive Vice President, A&E Network)
- Milan Popelka(COO, FilmNation Entertainment)
- Tom Quinn(Snowpiercer; 20 Feet From Stardom; Co-President, RADiUS-TWC)
- Gary Anthony Ramsay(Director of U.S. News, Operations & Public Affairs, Arise News Networks)
- Jay Roewe(Senior Vice President, Production, HBO)
- Henry Schleiff(Group President, Investigation Discovery)
- Matt Silverman(Editorial Director, Mashable)
- Greg Yaitanes(Banshee; House, M.D.)
- Lauren Zalaznick(Kids; Zoolander; Media Executive Founder & Curator, The LZSundayPaper)
For a full list of speakers and to register for Produced By: New York, please visit www.producedbyconference.com.
Produced By: New York will feature 12 full conference sessions, panel discussions, mentoring roundtables and networking opportunities designed to address key industry topics and discuss the evolving world of producing. Newly added programming includes the following sessions and workshops:
- Conversation With: Jake Gyllenhaal
- The Ms. Factor: The Power of Female-Driven Content
- Greenlight Secrets Revealed: 10 Questions You Always Wanted to Ask a Network Head
- The Biggest Business in Entertainment – Producing for Video Games!
- Producing the News (On Every Platform)
- The State of Producing
*The above speakers and/or session topics are subject to change.
In addition to HBO and Time Warner Inc., sponsors include:
Adobe, AKA, AMC Networks, BEN: Branded Entertainment Network, CreativeFuture, de Boer Media, Discovery Communications, Entertainment Partners, Florida Office of Film and Entertainment, Galaxie Coffee, Gold Coast Studios, Harbor Picture Company, Honolulu Film Office, Illinois Film Office, Light Iron, Minnesota Film and TV, The Molecule,New York Film Academy, The New York Palace, Panavision, Post New York Alliance, Pride Equipment, PRG: Production Resource Group, Qrüber, SmartSource Rentals, Steeltown Entertainment Project.
Produced By: New York is chaired by PGA members Blaine Graboyes, Dana Kuznetzkoff, Benjamin Lehmann, and Bruce Cohen. Victoria Ashley serves as Programming Director with Robin Kramer serving as the conference’s Supervising Producer. Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global) continues in her role as Sponsorship Director.
*Media Credentials: All media interested in covering the 2014 Produced By: New York will need to submit a Press Credential Application. Please email Sweety Ghuman atSweety.Ghuman@42West.Netto receive an application. While credentials are not guaranteed due to space limitations, PBNY will do its best to grant them to as many outlets as possible.
About Jake Gyllenhaal
Jake Gyllenhaal is an Academy Award®nominated actor, who has won BAFTA and National Board of Review awards for his poignant performances.
Gyllenhaal next stars in Dan Gilroy’s "Nightcrawler,” in which he plays an eccentric loner who finds his calling as an investigative crime journalist who will stop at nothing to get the story. The film, which Gyllenhaal also produced, will be released by Open Road onOctober 31, 2014. Other upcoming projects include Jean-Marc Vallee’s "Demolition,” Antoine Fuqua’s "Southpaw,” which The Weinstein Company will distribute in 2015 and Baltasar Kormakur’s "Everest,” which Universal Pictures will release in September 2015.
Gyllenhaal will be making his Broadway debut in December 2014 for the limited engagement ofConstellationswritten by Nick Payne.The actor made his New York stage debut in 2012 starring inIf There Is I Haven't Found It Yet, also written by Payne, which earned him nominations from the Drama League and Lucille Lortel Awards. In 2002, Gyllenhaal made his first stage appearance starring in Kenneth Lonergan's revival ofThis is Our Youthon London’s West End, for which he earned an Evening Standard Theatre Award for "Outstanding Newcomer.”
Working with some of Hollywood's greatest filmmakers in both independent and studio films, Gyllenhaal has starred in Ang Lee's classic "Brokeback Mountain,” for which he received an Oscar®nomination; David Ayer’s "End of Watch” which Gyllenhaal also Executive Produced, Dennis Villeneuve’s "Prisoners” and "Enemy,”Duncan Jones’ "Source Code,” David Fincher’s "Zodiac,” Sam Mendes’ "Jarhead,” Richard Kelly's cult hit "Donnie Darko” and Joe Johnston's "October Sky.”
About the Produced By Conference
Reaching across film, television and new media, the Produced By conference is an educational forum conducted by acclaimed producers, including numerous Oscar and Emmy Award winners, as well as the next generation of creative entrepreneurs. Produced By is held through the Producers Guild of America’s charitable entity, the PGA Foundation, as it epitomizes the Foundation’s core mission to educate those who work in the producing profession. Follow Produced By on Facebook and Twitter atwww.facebook.com/producedbyconferenceandwww.twitter.com/Produced_Byor #ProducedByNY.
About the Producers Guild of America (PGA)
The Producers Guild of America is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The Producers Guild has over 6,500 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with employment opportunities, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. Visitwww.producersguild.org,www.pgagreen.org, www.pgadiversity.org for more information.