Should Movie Theaters Use Dynamic Pricing Schemes?
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
With movie exhibitors facing a multitude of challenges, speculation has begun as to what box office business can try to turn things around. The Wrap takes a look:
From The Wrap:
So…what should movie
theaters do now to help themselves?
Some have posited that
cinemas should deploy dynamic pricing, similar to what airlines do when they
sell seats. For example, cinemas could:
- Charge higher prices for holidays, opening weekends, key
- Provide discounts for movies or weekends that are not pulling
- Give discounts for unsold shows or inventory
- Increase prices for people who book tickets at the last minute
- Offer discounts for larger groups
- Read the full article at TheWrap.com