Produced By Conference Debuts "Producers Mashup" Networking Event
Thursday, April 13, 2017
PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES “PRODUCERS MASHUP” A NEW NETWORKING EVENT AT 9th ANNUAL PRODUCED BY CONFERENCE IN LOS ANGELES
Mentors To Date Include Karen Bailey, Fred Baron, Ian Bryce, John Canning,
Stacey Carr, Dustin Davis, Justin Falvey, Lucy Fisher, David Friendly,
Mackenzie Gabriel-Vaught, Tim Gibbons, Richard Gladstein, Jeff Grosvenor,
John Hadity, Mark Johnson, Barry Josephson, Courtney A. Kemp, Chris Moore,
Jonathan Murray, Nadine Rajabi, Michael Seitzman & Chris Thomes
LOS ANGELES (April 13, 2017) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the launch of “Producers Mashup,” a new mentoring and networking event within the 9th annual Produced by Conference (PBC) in Los Angeles. The inaugural event gives conference attendees the chance to network and ask direct questions of a variety of veteran producers and development executives. Confirmed “Producers Mashup” mentors to date include: Karen Bailey, Fred Baron, Ian Bryce, John Canning, Stacey Carr, Dustin Davis, Justin Falvey, Lucy Fisher, David Friendly, Mackenzie Gabriel-Vaught, Tim Gibbons, Richard Gladstein, Jeff Grosvenor, John Hadity, Mark Johnson, Barry Josephson, Courtney A. Kemp, Chris Moore, Jonathan Murray, Nadine Rajabi, Michael Seitzman and Chris Thomes. PBC takes place Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11, and is hosted by Twentieth Century Fox on its studio lot in Century City, CA.
“Producers Mashup” is specifically scheduled for Sunday, June 11 in the afternoon and features four distinct tracks -- Feature Film, Scripted Television, Unscripted Television and Digital Media -- seating a small group of participants at a table with a mentoring producer or executive, during which time the group will have 15 minutes to ask questions. When time is up, mentors rotate to another table and each group of participants receives guidance from a new mentor. Each table will have the opportunity to meet with three mentors over the course of the event, including at least one producer and one development exec. This new event is not for “pitching” project ideas – the PGA is offering PBC attendees unique access to knowledge from among the best producers in the business.
“PGA members requested more interactive networking opportunities with top-level producers and executives, so the ‘Producers Mashup’ was created with them in mind. This new program exemplifies the Guild’s passionate commitment to educating and building a vital producing community, and we’re proud to introduce it at the Produced By Conference for the first time this year,” said Vance Van Petten, National Executive Director and COO of the Producers Guild.
Confirmed “Producers Mashup” mentors to date are noted below in alphabetical order:
· Karen Bailey, Senior Vice President, Original Programming, Starz
· Fred Baron, Executive Vice President of Feature Production, 20th Century Fox
· Ian Bryce, "Transformers" Franchise, "Saving Private Ryan"
· John Canning, VP Interactive Experiences, NBC Entertainment Digital
· Stacey Carr, Manager, Programming & Development, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
· Dustin Davis, Head of Current Series/Scripted Development, YouTube Red Originals
· Justin Falvey, Co-President, Amblin Television
· Lucy Fisher, “The Great Gatsby,” “The Divergent” Series
· David Friendly, “Little Miss Sunshine,” “Queen of the South”
· Mackenzie Gabriel-Vaught, Vice President Current Programming, Chuck Lorre Productions
· Tim Gibbons, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Return of the Mac”
· Richard Gladstein, “The Hateful Eight,” “Cider House Rules”
· Jeff Grosvenor, Vice President, Comedy Development, Warner Bros. Television
· John Hadity, Executive Vice President, EP Financial Solutions
· Mark Johnson, “Breaking Bad,” “Cider House Rules”
· Barry Josephson, “Bones,” “Enchanted”
· Courtney A. Kemp, “Power,” “The Good Wife”
· Chris Moore, "Manchester by the Sea," "Project Greenlight"
· Jonathan Murray, “Born This Way,” “The Real World”
· Nadine Rajabi, “Below Deck,” “The Shahs Come Clean with Nadine”
· Michael Seitzman, “Code Black,” “Intelligence”
· Chris Thomes, Vice President, Digital Media Studio, Disney/ABC Television Group
* The above speakers are subject to change.
“Producers Mashup” does not replace Produced By’s usual Mentoring Roundtables, which will be scheduled all day Saturday, June 10.
The PGA recently announced the 2017 Produced By Conference’s headlining panels including sessions with Academy Award®-winner Damien Chazelle (“La La Land,” “Whiplash”), Oscar® nominee Ava DuVernay (“A Wrinkle in Time,” “Queen Sugar”), Oscar nominee Shawn Levy and his company 21 Laps Entertainment (“Arrival,” “Stranger Things”), Emmy® winner Jordan Peele (“Get Out,” “Key and Peele), Netflix’s Ted Sarandos, and global media leader Oprah Winfrey (“Queen Sugar,” “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”). Early bird registration at a discounted rate is available now at ProducedByConference.com and ends April 15.
In additional to Twentieth Century Fox, official sponsors include AMC Networks; ARRI; BEN, Branded Entertainment Network; Box; Cinecittà Studios; Coca-Cola; Entertainment Partners; Final Draft; Freixenet Cava; HUB Entertainment Insurance; Johnson & Johnson LLP; PRG, Production Resource Group; Panasonic; Produce Iowa; Proximo Spirits; Robinson Granatt LLP; Technicolor; The Molecule; US Virgin Islands Film Office; and VER. The event is chaired by PGA members Ian Bryce, Tracey Edmonds, Marshall Herskovitz, and Rachel Klein. The team includes Supervising Producer Barry Kaplan (EKG, Inc.), Program Director Madelyn Hammond (Madelyn Hammond & Associates), Sponsorship Director Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global), and Marketing Consultant Kristin Petrovich (Createasphere).
The 2017 Produced By Conference is made possible by The PGA Foundation, The Producers Guild of America’s charitable entity. The Produced By conferences are the cornerstone events that epitomize the Foundation’s core mission, to educate and inspire those working in the producing profession. To review highlights from previous conferences and receive news and the latest programming updates for Produced By Conference 2017, please visit the Guild’s official website and follow its social media channels for the event: