THIRD ANNUAL ‘PRODUCED BY CONFERENCE’ TO BE HELD AT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS JUNE 3-5, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
WEEKEND-LONG PROGRAM TO FEATURE TOP PRODUCERS AND INDUSTRY LEADERS INCLUDING HARVEY WEINSTEIN, SIMON LYTHGOE, BARRY JOSSEN, MARK GORDON, MARK JOHNSON, HAWK KOCH, GALE ANNE HURD, SEAN BAILEY, MARSHALL HERSKOVITZ, MARC CHERRY, DAMON LINDELOF, JOHN SLOSS AND LAUREN SHULER DONNER, AMONG MANY OTHERS
LOS ANGELES, CA (March 29, 2011) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) and the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) announced today the first slate of speakers confirmed to participate in the 2011 Produced By Conference (PBC) which includes some of entertainment’s most sought-after producers and industry leaders. It was also announced that The Walt Disney Studios along with ABC Entertainment Group will host the 2011 event in conjunction with AFCI’s Locations Show June 3-5, 2011.
"We’re excited to announce the initial speaker line up for this year’s conference to be held at Walt Disney Studios,” said Producers Guild President Emeritus and co-chair of PBC, Marshall Herskovitz. "We’re extremely grateful to everyone at The Walt Disney Studios for agreeing to host the third annual conference. The Disney lot provides an amazing backdrop for the producing community to gather for an exciting weekend of learning and networking.”
"The Produced By Conference continues to exceed my expectations. I’m thrilled to be a part of this exciting program, and throughout all of the PBC programming, we hope to continue to advance the theme that the role of the producer is a crucial one,” said Gale Anne Hurd, PBC event co-chair.
The list of featured speakers for 2011 PBC includes some of the entertainment industry’s most renowned producers and executives including, in alphabetical order:
"The slate of panels, sessions and roundtables that are shaping up for this year’s event are extremely unique and exciting—offering attendees the chance for unprecedented access to some of the industry’s leading producers, providing both education and inspiration,” said Rachel Klein, PBC event co-chair.
- Sean Bailey (President, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, TRON: LEGACY)
- Joe Berlinger (CRUDE, MET ALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER)
- Jason Blum (PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 1-2, INSIDIOUS)
- Ian Bryce (TRANSFORMERS 1-3, SPIDERMAN, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN)
- Adam Chapnick (CEO, Distribber.com)
- Albert Cheng (EVP, Digital Media, Disney/ABC Television Group)
- Marc Cherry ("Desperate Housewives”)
- Joseph Chianese (SVP, Tax & Production Planning, Entertainment Partners)
- Charlie Corwin (HALF NELSON, THE SQUID AND THE WHALE, "LA Ink”)
- Kris Eber (Disney’s "Movie Surfers,” "Muppet’ s Bohemian Rhapsody”)
- Nolan Gallagher (Founder & CEO, Gravitas Ventures)
- Tim Gibbons ("Curb Your Enthusiasm”)
- Mark Gordon (SOURCE CODE, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, "Grey’s Anatomy”)
- John Hadity (MASTER HAROLD AND THE BOYS, BURNING BLUE)
- Dana Harris (Editor-in-Chief, IndieWIRE)
- Marshall Herskovitz (LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS, BLOOD DIAMOND, "thirtysomething”)
- Gale Anne Hurd ("The Walking Dead,” THE INCREDIBLE HULK, THE TERMINATOR Trilogy)
- Mark Johnson (THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, "Breaking Bad”)
- Barry Jossen ("Grey’ s Anatomy,” "Desperate Housewives,” "Body of Proof”)
- Hawk Koch (SOURCE CODE, PRIMAL FEAR, WAYNE’S WORLD)
- Paul Kontonis (VP & Group Director, Brand Content, The Third Act of Digitas)
- Damon Lindelof ("Lost”)
- Simon Lythgoe (CMT’ s "Next Superstar,” Former Producer, "America Idol,” "So You Think You Can Dance”)
- Andrew Marlowe ("Castle”)
- Lori McCreary (INVICTUS, "Through the Wormhole”)
- Keri Putnam (Executive Director, Sundance Institute)
- Lauren Shuler Donner (X-MEN Franchise, FREE WILL Y 1-3, THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES)
- John Sloss (EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP, THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT)
- Ricky Strauss (WAITING FOR "SUPERMAN,” FAIR GAME, THE BEAVER)
- William Stuart (THE ROCK, EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS, HOLY MATRIMONY)
- Larry Tanz (President, Vuguru LLC)
- Chris Thomes (Executive Director, Digital Production & Programming, Saban Brands LLC)
- David Tochterman (Head of Digital Media, Innovative Artists)
- Hayma "Screech” Washington ("The Amazing Race”)
- Harvey Weinstein (THE KING’S SPEECH, BLUE VALENTINE, MIRAL)
The 2011 PBC will feature over 20 conference sessions, panel discussions, mentoring roundtables, networking opportunities, social events and workshops designed to provide producers with important career tools and insights necessary to compete in today’s aggressive marketplace. Among the many topics to be discussed are new media, global finance, producer/director collaboration, distribution, independent film, scripted television, reality television, digital content, brand identity and much more.
Over 150 exhibitors are already on board to participate in the 2011 event. Sponsors for the event to-date include General Motors (the official automotive sponsor of the PGA), Entertainment Partners, Raleigh Studios, Cast & Crew Entertainment Services, Baseline, Avid, PRG, LA 411, Westfield Malls, Kodak and Coca- Cola. This year’s unique collaboration of the Produced By Conference along with the Locations Show will bring together the producing field alongside more than 300 film commissions from around the world. These commissions collectively represent over 2 billion dollars in financing and incentives available to filmmakers. Last year’s sold out conference connected more than 1,100 producing professionals. Interested participants can register online at www.producedbyconference.com.
Reaching across film, television and new media industries, PBC is an educational forum that involves acclaimed producers, including countless Academy Award®-winning filmmakers and Emmy Award®
winners, as well as the next generation of creative entrepreneurs. All profits from PBC are reinvested into industry member services, including education, industry promotion, production standards development, market research and legislative advocacy. The PBC event is chaired by Marshall Herskovitz, Gale Anne Hurd and Rachel Klein. For more information on the Produced By Conference, visit www.producedbyconference.com.
*Media Credentials: All media interested in covering the 2011 Produced By Conference will need to complete and submit a Press Credential Application. Please email Brittany Geldmacher at Brittany.Geldmacher@42west.net to receive an application. While credentials are not guaranteed due to space limitations, PBC will do its best to grant them to as many outlets as possible.