PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA IN ASSOCIATION WITH VARIETY HONOR 2011 ‘DIGITAL 25’
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Recipients to be honored at a private reception hosted by producer, actress, writer Illeana Douglas October 17, 2011
LOS ANGELES (September 19, 2011) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA), in association with Variety and in partnership with Digital Hollywood, announced today their 2011 "Digital 25” honorees. The "Digital 25: Leaders in Emerging Entertainment” awards program recognizes 25 individuals or teams who have made exceptional contributions to the advancement of digital entertainment and storytelling. The 2011 recipients will be honored at an exclusive reception hosted by producer, actress and writer Illeana Douglas ("Easy to Assemble,” "Entourage”) on Monday, October 17th, as part of the Variety Entertainment & Technology Summit at the Digital Hollywood Conference, at the Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Ray.
The 2011 "Digital 25”honorees, listed alphabetically by project then name are:
- John Rubey for AEG Network Live
- Sangam Pant and Umesh Shukla for Auryn, Inc.
- Zach Galifianakis for "Between T wo Ferns”
- Michael Fleischman and Deb Roy, Ph.D. for Bluefin Labs
- Meyer Shwarzstein for Brainstorm Media
- Seth Green for "ControlTV”
- Jon Kirchner for DTS, Inc.
- Dick Glover for Funny or Die
- Asi Burak for Games For Change
- Nolan Gallagher for Gravitas V entures
- Zooey Deschanel, Molly McAleer and Sophia Rossi for Hello Giggles
- Mike Chambers for INCEPTION
- Leigh Blake and Alicia Keys for Keep a Child Alive
- Charles Adler, Perry Chen and Yancey Strickler for Kickstarter
- Felicia Day for Knights of Good Productions
- Troy Carter and Lady Gaga for LadyGaga.com
- Lisa Roth for Majesco Entertainment
- Susan Margolin and Steve Savage for New Video
- Sharon Calahan for Pixar Animation Studios
- Peter Vesterbacka for Rovio/Angry Birds
- John Calkins for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Ken Ralston for Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Nicole Skogg for SpyderLynk
- Thierry Coup, Chip Largman, Dale Mason and Mark Woodbury for Universal Creative
- Joe Letteri for Weta Digital
The Digital 25 program strives to acknowledge producers or creators that have enabled the production and/or distribution of digital entertainment in the areas of Internet (Broadband), Interactive Television, Visual & Digital Effects, Console & PC (Multi-User Online) Gaming, Home Entertainment, Mobile and Digital Animation. Past recipients include such innovators as Rishi Chandra and Vincent Dureau for Google TV; Reed Hastings for Netflix; Eddy Cue, Jonathan Ive and Steve Jobs for the Apple iPad; James Cameron and Jon Landau for AVATAR; Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone and Evan Williams for Twitter; and Steve Chen and Chad Hurley for YouTube; among many other visionaries.
The Digital 25 team is led by co-chairs Marc Scarpa and Shawn Gold, with honorary committee chair Chris Thomes and committee members Bruce Cohen, Jeffrey Lerner, Mariana Danilovic and Alison Savitch. Non-PGA National or Council Board Members include Linda Buckley (Publishing Director, Variety) and Victor Harwood (Founder, Digital Hollywood). The Digital 25 Advisory Board is comprised of Josh Cohen (Founder, Tubefilter & the Streamy Awards), Chris DeWolfe (CEO, Mindjolt), Chris Di Cesare (Head of Marketing & Programming, YouTube), Ze Frank (CEO, Ze Frank Games Inc.), Ira Rubenstein (EVP Digital Marketing, 20th Century Fox), Doug Scott (President, Ogilvy Entertainment), Neil Vogel (CEO, Webby Awards), Diana Wechsler Kerekes (VP, GM Xfinity OnDemand, Comcast Cable) and Zao Yang (Creator, Farmville). Recipients were selected by the Producers Guild of America membership as well as the advisory board.
*For information on sponsorship, tables or congratulatory ads, please contact Linda Buckley at Variety at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-617-9429.